1. What personal information do we collect?
You may provide the following information to us in our stores and online:
- Personal and contact information, such as name, date of birth, email address, mobile/landline telephone number, home address, age, and gender
- Payment information, such as credit card information and billing address
- Purchasing activity, product preferences, reasons for purchasing a product, family and lifestyle
- Information you post: If you comment or otherwise provide information in a public space on one of our websites, we collect a record of it and any personal information included in the comment. For example, this may include posting a review of a product
- Information you provide through social media
- Other information you give us when you contact our customer service team, when you engage with our social media platform (for example by tagging us in a post on Instagram), when you sign up on our Website and Apps, or when you otherwise interact with us.
Information collected through automated means
- Internet Protocol (IP) address or another device identifier
- Browser type and version
- Browsing information, such as pages you view and the links you click, how you interact with the emails we send you, and whether you access our website via a social media site
- Time zone setting
- Browser plug-in types and versions
- Operating system and platform
- Other portable device information
Third parties may also provide us with additional publicly available information about you.
2. When do we collect your personal information?
You share personal information with us in various ways. For example, we receive personal information when you:
- Purchase products and services from us in store, online, or over the phone
- Make a return or exchange
- Access our websites or use any of our mobile apps.
- Create an online account
- Participate in surveys, competitions, promotions or certain discounts/coupons
- Contact our customer service team in store, online or over the phone
- Provide us your contact information so we can respond to your questions or concerns submitted through the Customer Review section on our platforms.
- Submit an application for employment
- Interact with us on social media (by mentioning/tagging us or by contacting us directly)
- Interact with our websites, such as when you visit our websites on a device, enable location-based features, or click on sponsored links or third-party advertisements on our websites or on other websites and online services
- Interact with emails we send you
- Fill out a product registration form
- Request a catalog or subscribe to our email list
- Sign up for mobile notifications regarding updates at your local KPLR store
3. How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information for business purposes: to make our products and services available to you; to personalize your shopping experience; to improve our operations; and for security and legal reasons.
Some examples of how we use your personal information include:
- Processing and fulfilling orders online or in-stores, including by facilitating the delivery of product orders
- Communicating with you regarding purchases
- Responding to your questions and comments
- Providing you with marketing material via SMS, mail and email (with your consent where required by law)
- Analyzing shopping trends through account activity and purchase history to provide you a personalized browsing experience
- Sending KPLR FAMILY members special promotions
- Sending KPLR for Business members special promotions and offers
- Allowing you to create a profile on our websites which enables you to purchase KPLR products and services online without having to fill in your personal information every time you shop online with us
- Ensuring that our websites are presented in the most effective and relevant manner for you and your device
- Conducting checks for fraud or other illegal activity
- Protecting our rights or property (or those of others)
- Fulfilling our legal and compliance-related obligations (such as if we receive a legitimate request from a law enforcement agency)
4. With whom do we share your personal information?
We do not sell personal information to third parties.
In order for us to provide our products and services to you, we share some of your personal information with trusted third-party service providers, with other members of the KPLR brand corporate family, or with public authorities. For example:
We use third party service providers to help with delivery, product assembly and installation, waste removal, processing payments, and other services. Your personal information may be stored and processed by our vendors and service providers in the UAE or other locations where the service providers or KPLR have facilities.
We may share your financial information including your credit, debit card or other payment information with third parties to ensure that your payment is safe and that your details are not being used fraudulently.
We may disclose your personal information to our insurers where we believe that it is required by law or contract.
We use pixels and cookies in our work with customer database hosting providers, marketing agencies and advertising partners to place relevant content and advertisements for you on our own websites and apps, as well as other websites, online media channels and apps (see Cookies section below)
We may share data with other members of the KPLR-brand corporate family to facilitate operations and business
We may share or disclose your personal information with law enforcement agencies or public authorities in order to prevent or detect crime or fraudulent activities, as well as in order to fulfill any legal or regulatory obligations
We may share your personal information to comply with court orders and to exercise and/or defend our legal rights
We may share your personal information in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets
We may use your personal information with your consent or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
6. How do we protect the privacy of children?
KPLR does not knowingly collect or use any personal information from children younger than 13 on KPLR websites or mobile applications. We do not knowingly allow children to order our products, communicate with us, or use any of our online services. If you are a parent and become aware that your child has provided us with information, please contact us using one of our customer contacts channels methods, and we will work with you to address this issue.
7. How do we keep your information safe?
We take the security of your personal information very seriously. We have implemented various strategies, controls, policies and measures to keep your information secure and keep these measures under close review. We use encryption techniques and other safeguards such as firewalls and password protection. This means that your information is protected and only accessible by personnel who need it to carry out their job responsibilities, or shared with third parties as described above. We implement physical controls in our buildings that restrict access to your personal information.
Who on our team has Access?
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
8. How long do we retain your information?
9. Links to Third-Party Websites and Additional Terms
We accept payments through Checkout. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to Checkout, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
12. Your Rights
If you reside in certain territories, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) We will generally delete your personal information upon request.
Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
Complain. If you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
13. How to Contact us
For purposes of data protection law, We, KPLR FZ LLC, are the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at “[email protected]” or call us at +971 4 563 5236. Alternately, you may mail us at: Al Saaha Offices B – Office 404, Souk Al Bahar, Burj Khalifa District, Dubai, UAE.
14. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
This policy shall be construed, interpreted and governed by and in accordance with the laws of UAE.